My name is Mirza Salman Hossain Beg, Salman in short. Like many of you, after spending the year 2020 of the ongoing COVID-19 through the pandemic, I couldn't help but ponder some of the fundamentals of life. I have learned how vulnerable we are when it comes to the things that drive us, supports us, and eventually shapes us into the social creature we are. Our society, our living spaces, our relationships, and our daily lifestyle were all tested by the single most significant event of our lifetime. Being in my mid-30s, I can at least go back into the past two decades in our lifetime and reflect deeply on the evolution and transformation we all went through with the changing narrative of the whole world. Having gone through it all, I couldn't think of a better opportunity to re-invent myself during this transformative time in our life.
So, here I am! I've just launched my blog and youtube channel as I take on my journey to re-invent myself. Thanks for being here! If you're interested in following my quest and getting my reflection from this v 2.0 of me (!), please subscribe to my newsletter and join my Youtube channel. See you soon!
What keeps me busy!
- 📱 I'm currently the Vice President, Head of Innovation at dtac (a Telenor Group company) based out of Bangkok, Thailand. I'm a tech product and innovation expert with 11+ years of experience building successful digital products and driving transformation across different markets. I am passionate about solving complex, ambiguous problems and accelerating our life towards a better future.
- 📹 On my recently launched YouTube channel, I share my failures and valuable lessons learned from life while talking about productivity, tech, mental health, and anything that can help someone from anywhere in the world.
- ✍🏼 I finally started writing here on my blog, on Medium, and LinkedIn.
- 📫 Every two weeks, I write a curated email newsletter covering some of the best productivity tips, career hacks, and contents worth-sharing that I come across on the web.
- 🚀 I'm a venture partner, angel investor (26+ global portfolio), and startup advisor. I am passionate about early-stage startups that are solving problems to accelerate the world towards a better place.
- My wife and I are pawrents of our beautiful kitty, Daphne. She's incredibly clingy with me and quite a handful! 🐈
Giving back to the community
- Public service and doing good for others is part of my family values which helped me be a constant volunteer for the past 15+ years in my life. I've also been an activist for specific causes that I strongly believe in. 😊
- This year, I'm giving between 15-20 volunteering hours each month to university students and young professionals to help them navigate life. 😇
- I am the co-curator and co-organizer of the biggest TEDx in Bangladesh, called TEDxDhaka. We've organized five major events to date. 🕺🏼
- I am the first Global Shaper and founding co-vice curator of the Dhaka Hub in Bangladesh by the World Economic Forum. 🙏🏼
- I was the co-founder of Google Business Groups Dhaka as part of Google's community outreach program. 🌎
- I was awarded Gates Scholarship to attend the TED event in San Francisco, Google invitation to attend their biggest tech event Google I/O, a Young Fellow at Global Economic Symposium, among a few other humble recognition if you're into that kind of thing! 🏆
Let's get in touch
- You can connect with me on my social media to follow my adventures. Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
- If you want to collaborate with me or have any business inquiries (💻sponsorships, speaking at events, training/workshop, professional coaching, startup investing, and advising), please email me at email@example.com
- If you happen to be in this beautiful city of Bangkok and wish to meet up with me in person, please DM me on my Instagram or Twitter. If our timing works out, I will treat you to a cup of coffee!
Thank you for being here! You're AWESOME! 🤗